January 31, 2011

Interview with Natasha Atkerson!



 I was able to do a fantastic interview with Natasha Atkerson from What I wear, What I do, and Why I did it. Here is the interview for everyone! Natasha was very agreeable, and fun to interview! :)


~So Natasha, how have you been doing?
I'm doing well, thank you for asking!


~FFW 11 concluded about a month ago, are you planning on doing another in the future?
So far I've hosted three modest fashion weeks. I'm currently working on another fashion week with a blog friend Ashley, from www.bramblewoodfashion.blogspot.com. I can't release any details yet, but I know it will be sometime in April. 

~ Do you have any fashion tips for making awesome outfits?
Don't conform to the world's standards of whats 'in'. If you like the outfit, go for it! Don't let anyone tell you that your outfits not awesome, it is! True style is personal, and doesn't rely on what the latest fashion rule tells you.


~Coffee or Chai?
Coffee (but only if its girly coffee such as a Java Chip Frauppachino).

~ If you could make a new law in America, what would that law be?
Gosh, there are so many new laws enacted by our government right now. I guess a law against big government. I wish the people had more say. I guess that's not really a law, but its what I'd change.


~ How are you using your blog for God's glory?
I try very hard to display God's standards of modesty, and help young and older women alike to dress in CUTE modest fashion. Our society has given modesty a bad rep! And its highly undeserved! Modesty can, and is something attainable for everyone.
I also try to tell people things that God lays on my heart. Most recently the subject of being negative about things we can't change. 
~Do you know what you want to do for the future?
Ha! Ha! I hate that question! : ) But that's okay, hard questions are good sometimes!
I have so many interests that I can't pick one that I'd like to pursue as an occupation.
My ultimate is marriage. I love kids! And I hope to marry someday, if its God's will. Until then? Who knows! I'll keep following God, because I know He'll lead me to the right career (or husband) at the right time.


~What is your favorite scripture?
Hebrews 12:14-15
"Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord. Looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God, lest any root of bitterness spring up, cause trouble and by this many become defiled." Its a good reminder to get along with everyone not just people you like, or are easy to get along with.


~If you could say one thing to the readers of this blog, what would it be?
Hold fast to your beliefs, and never let people look down on you because your young. God can use you in a great way if you let Him.


~ White, Dark, or Milk chocolate?
Milk Chocolate, ALL THE WAY!

~ Where do you find most of the clothes you wear on your blog?
A Majority of my clothing comes from thrift shops. This is a great way to find unique, cute pieces, without breaking your budget. I also get a lot of my clothes from retail stores on sale. If your looking to get new pieces (for whatever reason, be it because your mom doesn't like thrift shops, or you don't) shop sales. I usually wait till they go on 70% off or more. Maurices, Vanity, JcPenney, and Ross are some of my favorite stores to shop for sales items at. By the way, one more tip! Don't buy it just because its $5, that's a waste of money, and you won't be happy you spent it later!

~ What is your #1 modesty tip?
Let God lead you in every aspect of your wardrobe. Your modesty is between you and God, and He'll let you know if your wearing something You shouldn't be. Remember that time you looked in the mirror and thought, "I think my shirts too tight"? that was God! So listen!
One more! (yes, I'm long winded!) Tank tops are your absolute best friend, use them!


Thank you so much Natasha for agreeing to do the interview! Natasha has an awesome blog, { What I wear, What I do, and Why I did it} so make sure to check it out and become a follower :)
Sincerely,

1 comment:

Karla said...

Nice interview! Tank tops are a necessity now. : )