November 04, 2011

Book Review: A Lady in Waiting by Susan Meissner

 
      Choice. The very thing that can either be used for evil, for good, or can be taken away or mercifully given.  In Susan Meissner’s book, “A Lady in Waiting,” she tells the tale of two Janes. Jane Lindsay is happy with her life; she works at an antique store, she is well off financially, and her only son is in an out-of-state college. Life is good, so when her husband asks to be separated, she is dashed. Trying to recuperate, she throws herself into discovering the truth about one of her newest antiquities, and discovers the truth about herself as well.
     This book was unreservedly wonderful. I literally adored it. It was well organized, giving detail, but not too much. When I saw this book, I knew I would want to read it. Susan Meissner’s books are those I would readily suggest to read, she weaves present into past intricately and seamlessly. If I had any criticism, or rather a warning, I would just say that there are a couple of paragraphs that are, uncomfortable for those who are unmarried. Perhaps not for everyone, and maybe just for me. Overall, I have loved every historical book I have read by Susan Meissner, and this one definitely does not disappoint!
Sincerely,
Libbi H
Waterbrook Multnomah gave me this book free for this review. 

No comments: