April 16, 2012

Movie Review: October Baby

 {The trailer}

Hannah's world has turned upside down. at 19 years old, she has just found out that not only is she adopted, but she was a survivor of a failed abortion. Going on a road trip to discover who she really is, she must learn to choose forgiveness, and learn to forgive herself.

I ♥
  • The immensely pro-life story line. I cannot even believe how wonderful it is. Really. It presented abortion in a way that did not condemn those who have had one, yet it showed the injustice. That is a difficult balance to keep.
  • The plot. Even if said from a secular viewpoint, this movie had a fantastic plot, with plenty of twists that you don't see coming.
  • The tear-jerking scenes. It may seem funny, but some movies you just need to have a good cry. This movie was one of them. 
  • The true story that inspired this movie. There is actually a woman named Gianna Jessen who is actually an abortion survivor.
  • The music. Even though most of the music was more in the background, I LOVED it. Actually, one of the songs {Ocean Floor}is one that Gianna Jessen is singing. 
I didn't ♥
  •  One scene. There was a scene where, due to unforeseen circumstances, Hannah and  Jason are forced to share a hotel room. Nothing super inappropriate happens, and they end up not even staying in the room. But still, a bit inappropriate.

Overall:
This is a fantastic movie. I urge you to go see it. I believe it is in theaters for another week or two, and I would definitely take anyone 13+ to this movie. I would love to support this movie as much as possible. Truly.




1 comment:

Abby said...

Yay! I've wanted to see this ever since I heard about it. =)