August 07, 2012

Book Review: Inescapable by Nancy Mehl


Lizzy Engle is scared. For the past few weeks, she has been followed. A stalker in a red cap sits outside of her apartment every night.  She has to protect her beloved daughter charity, and with the stalker, threatening notes, and pending charges, she is forced to return to her hometown of Kingdom, Kansas. When she left five years ago, embittered towards her abusive father and the rules of the Mennonite culture, she planned to never return.  In this prodigal-son-like story, you will find yourself entrenched in the suspense, the mystery, and the lighthearted romance.
I liked:
  • The story. Oh my goodness, it was fantastic. I absolutely adored it. It was such a unique plot, the likes of which I have never seen before. I liked how suspenseful and mysterious the plot was.
  • The romance. It was a very sweet, pure romance, and wasn’t inappropriate at all.
  • The character development. I felt like I really knew the characters, and I was surprised by how vivid the descriptions were.
I disliked:
  • I actually loved the entire book, and I did not dislike anything.  That said, there was a lot of focus on Lizzy’s illegitimate child, but there was NOTHING graphic, and it really made for an interesting plot line. I would recommend this book to ages 16+, and maybe younger, depending on the person. I absolutely adored this book, and if you need a book to read, pick this one!

This book was given to me by Bethany House Publishers in exchange for this honest review.

No comments: