November 05, 2012

Book review: For Such a Time as This by Ginny Aiken



Olivia Moore is desperate. Her family’s farm is in jeopardy, and the drought has yet to end. When she decides to become a governess to some very rowdy children, she wonders if God has called her to this job or if it was her own ambition. When gossip starts circulating that she and the bank owner are more than just friends, she is forced to either leave town, or marry him. Although a purely business relationship, Olivia dares to dream that someday they will be a true family.
I liked:

  • The cover. It is absolutely stunning! I could not believe how much I loved it.
  • The Esther-like tale. The plot was gripping. Humor, suspense, and romance all rolled into one.
  • The amount of faith. Although the publisher’s name is “Faith Words,” I had no clue how much faith there really was! I was so happy to find a book that put so much emphasis on a personal relationship with God. What a fantastic way to evangelize!
  • The suspense. I can’t believe how much I was holding my breath. I was so scared towards the end. It was exhilerating!
I disliked:

  • Absolutely nothing.

Overall:
I would like to say that this book is most definitely one of my favorite books this year. I think it is a well written, captivating, and faith-filled book. Although there is talk of a honeymoon, it is only implied, and I wasn’t uncomfortable reading it at all. I absolutely recommend this book wholeheartedly to anyone and everyone who likes to read.

The publisher gave me this book in exchange for a review. Thanks Faith Words!

No comments: