January 11, 2013

Fiction Friday: Waiting for Morning by Margaret Brownley.



In this humorous, entertaining tale, Molly Hatfield is the next wishful woman who has dared to try her hand at cattle ranching. In 1890s, reputable work for a single woman was hard to find. Not to mention that her brother is unable to walk, and must have constant care.  That is, until she meets Dr. Caleb Fairbanks. As a handsome, youthful doctor, Caleb is often ignored, thought to be lacking experience. When he meets Molly and her brother, he is shocked at Molly’s beauty. Through the rigors of life on Last Chance Ranch, Molly must choose between her brother’s well being, and that of her heart.
I liked:
  • The cover. I believe, although you should not judge a book by its cover, the cover is important.
  • The humor. One of my favorite things about Margaret’s books is the humorous sections.
I disliked:
  • The sickness. While I realize that there was sickness in the 1800s and 1900s, I honestly cannot find a reason that books consistently talk about modern-day illnesses. I am not talking about her brother’s disability, more so the different diseases mentioned in the book. I read books as a form of entertainment, and I want them to be uplifting. If I wanted to read about sickness, I would read a medical journal.
Overall, if you do not mind reading about sickness, it is reasonably good. I understand that this is completely my opinion on the matter, and therefore I am still giving this book three stars. If you read the first book in this series, Dawn Comes Early, then I will warn you that this book is not nearly as good as the first. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a humorous read along with medical science.
This book was given to me courtesy of the publisher, in exchange for a review. 

No comments: