January 25, 2014

Book review: The Secret Keeper by Beverly Lewis

  
   In this delightfully written novel, Jennifer Burns is making a huge life decision. Feeling fed up with life in modern society, she decided to pursue her childhood dream: to become Amish. To the shock of her family and friends, Jennifer seems right at home in the Amish community, despite making several errors. When Jennifer is forced to keep a secret about one of the pillars of the community, she does not know how to remain true to her faith, and keep all of her new found friends. Will Jennifer be able to continue this difficult lifestyle, or will she have to abandon her lifelong dream?

    I loved this book. I sometimes forget how much I like Beverly Lewis’s writing, but she never ceases to impress me! I think this book may have ranked among the best that Beverly has written. Despite reading some reviews that said that it was very predictable, I was actually caught off guard twice at the end. I loved this idea of someone wanting to become Amish, since I have always thought it would be a great experience (usually when I am having technology problems ;) I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Beverly’s books, as well as anyone who enjoys Amish fiction in general. It is perfect as a stand-alone novel, and as part of a series.





I received this book from Bethany House Publishers in exchange for this review. 

No comments: