February 27, 2014

Birchbox Review: February 2014

     I have been  really looking forward to receiving my Birchbox in the mail. I have heard about it so many times, I was too curious to resist trying it out. I have watched and read several reviews for Birchbox, so I couldn't wait to get a box and try it out for myself! I have also ordered an Ipsy box, but I have not received it yet, comparison to come!

     I was really excited to find my Birchbox in the mailbox, and I had to persevere throughout my family's dinner before I opened it. For anyone unfamiliar with Birchbox, it is a beauty subscription company. You can pay $10 per month, and they will send you high quality samples of beauty products that match a beauty profile you fill out online.



I loved the packaging, it was so cute and definitely caught my eye!

     




   Once I opened my box, I noticed something was awry. It seemed that a small bottle of hair oil had broken open. I was really sad, but still excited to see the rest of the box.

The box also contained a truffle face serum, two lovely tea bags, a cute perfume sample, and a OPI nail polish sample.

(Let's ignore the carpet, aye?)

The truffle face serum:
So, I am definitely not a anti-aging serum sort of person, but this smell SO good. Like a baby angel. Since it says it is also to renew skin, I have just been dabbing a little bit on my neck as perfume.

The "Hello" fragrance:
I think it is the cutest bottle ever. Not that perfumes need to be cute, but it does increase my likelihood of putting it on in the morning. It smells OK. Not the worst, but I am not sure how often I'll be wearing it.

The Teas:
I haven't had the teas yet, but I have never disliked a tea, so I am not too worried.

The OPI Nail polish:
You can't see it very well in the picture, but the polish is a clear purple. I am in LOVE with it. I am going to have to purchase the full size. I love how subtle the color is. On the information card, the instructions said to either paint alone or over another color. I haven't tried the latter, but the former is my new favorite.

The Hair Oil:
As I said before, it was broken when I received it. I definitely wasn't mad at Birchbox, they didn't hand deliver it to me, but I thought I would email them anyways, just to let them know. I was very impressed when they emailed me back within 10 hours, and they even offered to send me a replacement box. Their customer service is top of the line.



Overall:
I loved the information card and nail polish, the customer service was great, and the only thing that Birchbox could improve on would be making more personalized boxes (i.e. not giving anti-aging serum to a 19 year old. Ha.)

I would recommend Birchbox if you want to find new beauty products, not as much makeup as hair, skin, etc.






This review was not written for compensation, I paid to have the product sent to me, and all opinions are my own. I did include my referral links in case anyone signs up.

No comments: