January 07, 2011

Book Review: Nelson's Biblical Cycopedic Index



Nelson's Biblical Cyclopedic index is one of the best {if not THE best} Biblical concordances ever! Inside, there is thousands of words just waiting to be looked up! My old index doesn't even compare... at all. This book has a clear, easy to read "how to" section, where it shows how to use the book. The word studies were definitely a bonus. Each word study has one English word, such as peace, and they look it up in the original Greek or Hebrew. This was awesome, because it brought a deeper level of meaning to the scriptures when I used them. It was nice because you could look up the title, and then the subtitle, i.e. you looked up "Peace" and underneath it you see three subtitles along with their Biblical references.
This book came right after I wrote a 15 page report on the gospels, boy would this have come in handy! Since I was doing a report that contained John 9's healing, I was trying to find the words "Spit" and "Mud" in my old concordance. they however did not have these words; or any other variation. When I received a copy of Nelson's Biblical Cycolpedic index, Lo and behold BOTH of the words were in their, along with what they symbolized.
I also like the look and feel of this book, it is a nice shape, easy to hold, and easy to flip through. The cover is simple, and iin my opinion, it is cute. they have a great font on the inside, one that is clear and easy to read.

Overall, I love this book, and plan to use it a lot in the future.
Sincerely,
Libbi



*Book Sneeze gave me this book for free, so they could gain a review. They do not make me say that I loved the book(even if I did...) It was completely my choice what I wanted to say in this review.

No comments: