October 01, 2011

Rainbow Cake In A Jar Review


I got everything ready for the craft post, all I had to do was add pictures. But guess what? I was unable to get the pictures off the camera! I'll try tomorrow, thanks for baring with me!

So instead, I decided I'd do this rainbow cake in a jar review.
This cake looks absolutely amazing! So of course, I just had to make it! You'll be sorry to hear, it turned out... ok. I followed the directions, and it was working out beautifully, UNTIL.... The batter was too thin. So I layered the colors, and they all seeped into each other. I baked them as the directions say, and they came out tasting good, except it was only one color on the outside, and the inside was tie-dye like. I thickened up the rest of the batter with pudding mix, and tried again. It was a tad bit better, but not much. So, if you want to make them, they turn out yummy, but not as adorable as the picture! Here's the recipe: http://blogs.babble.com/family-kitchen/2011/04/08/rainbow-cake-in-a-jar/

Have a great night, everyone!

-Grace


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oooh wow! I love the colors! :D