December 18, 2011

Book Review: This Thing of Ours by Cammy Franzese

    For better or for worse. The phrase that is recited daily by couples, yet is rarely followed through. With divorce becoming the easy way out, it is rare for a family with multiple problems to not split up. This book is the story of Camille Franzese's marriage to a member of a massive mafia {just had to alliterate that :) } Shortly into her marriage, her husband was impounded, for four years. Finally, he is released from prison. And then re-impounded. For another four years. Although being imprisoned is difficult, raising a family without a husband is just as, if not harder to manage. Through it all, Cammy never once had an affair, or pondered divorcing her mob boss husband.
     This book dissapointed me. I actually loved it until the last chapter. In fact, it was the last chapter that ruined it for me. I loved the message of really sticking by your husband "for better or worse," no matter what. I genuinely liked the story. But the last chapter killed the rest of the book. I'll spare you the details, but it really made me pretty miserable. I was planning on giving this book to my grandma for Christmas, but the end pretty much ruined that. So, I will say to you, the book is 5 stars until page 174. Skip the rest, and it is a good book!
Sincerely,
Libbi H.
This book was given to me by Thomas Nelson Publishers for this review

No comments: