March 05, 2012

Book Review: Dawn Comes Early by Margaret Brownley

{Thomas Nelson gave me this book for free in exchange for this review}
 
The Lowdown: Kate Tenney was not cut out to be a cowgirl. Her destiny was to become a renowned author. Unfortunately, her book was banned, causing her to flee to a barely civilized town in Arizona Territory. She answers an unusual add for a heiress. The only catch? She must never marry. Kate couldn't be happier. Her father left her when she was five, and her grandfather left soon after. Every man she had ever begun to trust has left her. She begins work on the ranch, and discovers that the manual labor is even more difficult than the scorn and disregard she faced in Boston. Regardless, she tries to hold up her end of the bargain, but will it be enough?

I Liked:
  • Luke Adams. 'Nuff said. 
  • The vivid details. Absolutely lovely. 
  • Luke Adams.
  • I loved the way Margaret Brownley is able to get into the characters head, it really is a gift. 
  • The humor. I literally laughed out loud on a few of the sentences. Especially the ones about Lula-Belle and Bessie. 
  • And mostly, I like Luke Adams. Truly. His character is so perfectly developed, and the poster he wrote at the end? Fantastic.
I Disliked:
  • A couple comments, and a couple paragraphs made me slightly uncomfortable.
Overall: It was a great book. It is definitely  worth your money. It has a super fun, yet suspenseful plot, and I found myself transported back into that town. 

Sincerely,
Libbi H.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to look this up in the library! Thanks for sharing Libbi!