March 08, 2012

Book Review: Made to Crave for Young Women by Lysa TerKeurst and Shaunti Feldhahn




{This book was given to me for free from Zstreet team}

     Every single person, man, woman, boy or girl, has a longing on the inside of us. The longing for something more. We have longings to be loved, to feel happy, even if for a moment. Those longings, while natural, will destroy our lives if not handled correctly. We were made to fill those longings with God. Not chocolate chip cookies, or a handsome boyfriend, or those adorable shoes at the store. In this fantastically written book, Shaunti Feldhahn and Lysa TerKeurst show that it is God's plan for us to run to Him instead of to food, material possessions, or even other people. If we run to God, we can experience eternal happiness rather than short-lived enjoyment.
     This book was exceedingly better than I could have hoped. This book was perfect for me at this time in my life. I have always seemed to have a problem with self control. This past week, however, I have been trying to walk in more self-control. This book could not have come at a more perfect time. This book has helped me so much, I can't even begin to tell you. Though hard to pick, I think one of my favorite quotes is this one,
"The key, friends, is not to simply follow a rule- it's to be wise about our choices so we rely on God rather than something we crave."

Talk about a perfect quote! Using scripture throughout, this book easily makes the best non-fiction book I have read this year. Overall, I would one-hundred percent recommend this book. It is one of the few books that is COMPLETELY worth your money. I guarantee it.

Sincerely,
Libbi H.

No comments: