May 25, 2012

Book Review: Code of Silence by Tim Shoemaker


Living a lie comes with a price.
Cooper, Hiro, and Gordy witness a nearly fatal robbery. When they run from the crime scene, one of the burglars takes Cooper’s house key, promising to kill his entire family if Cooper spoke a word of what had happened. Through the next several days, the clan tries to not tell anyone, but it is growing more dangerous to live a lie than it would be to tell the truth. Time is running out, and Cooper needs to decide if telling the truth wil set him free, or if it will fatally bind him.
I liked:
  • Tim Shoemaker. I actually went to a writer’s conference where Tim spoke, and I thought he was one of the kindest people I had met. I was so excited to get his book!
  • The emphasis on truth. It was radically awesome.
  • The humor. I love me a good laugh.
  • The importance of spending time with God. I loved that.
  • The lack of romance. While romance has its place in books, it is nice to  have a romance-free book every once in a while!
I disliked:
  • Nothing.
Overall, I thought this book was a great read for ages 12+. I would definitely recommend this to a lot of my friends.

I was given this book for free from Zondervan to honestly review.

No comments: