May 25, 2012

Book Review: Spirit Wars by Kris Valloton.



We are not alone on this earth. There are forces at work. Spiritual forces, both good and evil. Ones that fight for ours safety, ones that fight for our annihilation. Unseen  powers and principalities  fight for their right over our lives. So many Christians walk in bondage; living in fear and anxiety, when they simply need to pray against the enemy.  Sharing his personal testimony of God’s deliverance, Kris Vallotton explains how we, as God’s children, can take a hold of the  peace filled life He has planned for us.
I Loved:
  • His many different testimonies. I never have seen fear put as a sin, although it is. Right on Kris!
  • The down-to-earth perspective. Kris wrote as I expect he talks, because it seems that you are having coffee with someone even though you are reading.
  • How the entire book was pieced together. It was written in such a way that you could understand each separate topic, while still getting the entire them woven through.
  • The cover. It was fantastically done, and while not being creepy, it did have supernatural qualities to it.
I disliked:
  • I honestly cannot think of anything.
Overall:
I loved this book, it really set me free of some fear I had been hanging on to. I would highly recommend it to anyone who has ever struggled with fear, depression, or anxiety.
Libbi H.

P.S. Sorry, this is so late in coming, I lost the book after I was about halfway through it, and just found it a little while ago. (I think it had something to do with my 6 year old sister ;)
P.P.S. This book was given to me to review by Bethany House publishers. This review is my own, and my honest thoughts. 

No comments: