October 11, 2012

Book Review- To Love and Cherish by Tracie Petersen and Judith Miller



Melinda Colson would love to be married. At this point in her life, she has a beau, Evan, she has a job that pays well, and she is living on the beautiful Bridal Veil Island resort. Evan, however, does not feel ready to take on the responsibility of providing for a wife and any children they might have. When disaster strikes Bridal Veil, Evan has an even larger workload put on his shoulders, and Melinda is fed up with always being second-fiddle to Evan’s work. Will Evan and Melinda  be able to say their vows, or will a mysterious guest and an attempted crime tear them apart?
I liked:
The genre mix. While this book was mainly historical fiction, there was also suspense, humor, and mystery. It was very well written.
The cover. I know you aren’t supposed to judge a book by its cover, but I do anyways. Thie cover was super cute.
The character development. I know that some people get irritated when you aren’t sure whether or not you sympathize with the character’s problems. I actually enjoyed that I wasn’t sure if I agreed with the characters or not, by the end, I was glad that it wasn’t predictable.
I disliked:
That one of the characters (although a very very small one) died. It was sad, albeit somewhat necessary for the book.

Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone who likes Tracie Petersen’s books, as well as anyone who enjoys historical fiction.
Thank you Bethany House Publishers for giving me this book in exchange for this review.

No comments: