November 16, 2012

Book Review: If We Survive by Andrew Klavan



They just wanted the public service credits. They just wanted to help rebuild a school. They just wanted to bless the community. That is all the team wanted. Instead, they got a revolution. When a rebellion  break out in Central America, those from the United States must either run for their lives, or die trying. In a missions trip gone wrong, Will Peterson and his friends must run through jungles, crocodile infested rivers, and gun-toting groups of rebel. They just want to get home. If they survive.
I liked:

  • The suspense. It was mesmerizing. I started and finished this book withing 26 hours. I read it every chance I got. I thought it might be a little predictable, but it definitely wasn’t.
  • The characters. I really only liked a couple at the beginning, but towards the end, I began to like each one more.
  • The description. It was very vividly described, and I appreciated the effort the author put into making it so realistic.
  • The first person narrative. Although different, it was ver enjoyable.
I disliked:

  • Pages 295-302. I won’t give any spoilers for you spoiler freaks out there, but I honestly just thought it was unnecessary and stupid. Not to mention depressing.

Overall:
This book was well written, and suspenseful. I would suggest this book for any teen on you Christmas list this year.

No comments: