February 11, 2013

Book Review: American Patriots by Rick Santorum


In this book, Rick Santorum shares the tales of patriots forgotten from our history books. However, these patriots were a monumental part of America's success in the revolutionary war. In a time of being tyrannized by a larger country, America's story is so awe-inspiring. Though the odd were stacked highly in England's favor, we still managed to win. In American history books today, we always highlight the most “popular” heroes,( i.e. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, and  Patrick Henry) yet we forget that they didn’t  defeat England, or write the Declaration of Independence single-handedly.
I enjoyed this book overall. I loved how manageable this book was to read, because, let’s be honest, most Americans will run from anything remotely like a schoolbook. Each character was outlined in a short chapter, rather than it be a long, arduous read. I cannot think of anything I disliked. I always have loved biographies, and it was so nice to read so many at once. I absolutely loved the cover, it was simple, yet it perfectly portrayed the mood of the book. Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone who loves history, anyone who thrives off of adventurous tales, and everyone who is proud to be a citizen of this wonderful country.

Sincerely,


Thanks to Tyndale publishers for letting me review this book.

No comments: