February 11, 2013

Book Review: Unrivaled by Siri Mitchell

   
  Lucy Kendall is bound and determined to make the best candy the world has ever seen, or tasted. Finally home from a European tour, she is devastated to find out that her father has suffered a sudden illness, and therefore, his candy store is closing. She decides to make every effort to save her family’s shop, even if it means kicking and screaming to get her way.
     Charlie Clark finally has the chance to gain his father’s approval. An industry titan, his father has ruled the candy industry ever since Royal Taffy was put into his hands.
    I LOVED this book. Absolutely, one-hundred percent. I think this was a fantastically written book. I loved the way the characters were flawed, and imperfect. I think a lot of historical fiction tends to have flawless characters that are unrealistic at best.  Siri Mitchell has managed to grab my attention with the first chapter of this book. I loved that she wrote the book in such a way that the reader can easily relate to the characters. Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a good historical romance book, and anyone who loves candy (which means everyone ;)
Sincerely,

Thanks to Bethany House Publishers for letting me review this fantastic book!

No comments: