March 12, 2013

Book Review: Mystery of The Heart by Jillian Kent



     When thrown from a boat, and washed ashore in England, Lady Mercy Grayson is catapulted into an unexpected friendship with Lord Eden, her rescuer. When she arrives at her home, questions start coming from all sides. When Lord Eden shows up at her doorstep, she is staggered to see that he is near death. When Lord Eden tries to deliver an ancient relic, he is stunned when he is badly beaten, and he loses the spearhead to a distinguished enemy. Together, they must fight both physical and spiritual enemies to bring peace and love to the king, and ultimately, to each other.

     I thought this book was very interesting. I loved the idea of what the relic was, and I loved the theology of the book. It did seem like there was not a lot of suspense. There were short spurts of suspense, but not really enough to keep you reading throughout the night. I did not really relate to Lady Mercy, but that is mainly because I have no ambition to become a doctor. I really enjoyed the cover; I thought it was put together beautifully.  I enjoyed the family dynamic, and I plan to read the first two books in the series as soon as I can. Overall, I would recommend this book to anyone interested in archaeology, or those who enjoy English fiction and suspense.


I wrote this review in exchange for this book from the publisher.

No comments: